- Who We Are
- Ways To Give
- Get Involved
- Get Help
- Our Programs
- Agency Zone
CANSTRUCTION OF THE SOUTHERN TIER 2016 - Broome County
Annual Design/Build Competition - April 3-10, 2016
Oakdale Mall, Johnson City, New York
presented by hosted by
Canstruction® is an international hunger-relief competition where architects, engineers and contractors compete to design and build giant structures made entirely from full cans of food.
Wegmans Food Markets
Supporting Sponsors: BCK-IBI Group; Binghamton Noon Rotary; Binghamton Giant Market Inc.; BLI Alumni Association; Broome Cooperative Insurance; Coughlin & Gerhart; Miller Auto Team; McIntosh Laboratory Inc.; Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company; Vestal Rotary Club
Special Thanks: DataFlow; Oakdale Mall
All proceeds benefit
At the close of the competition, all of the proceeds from Canstruction® of the Southern Tier will help support hunger-relief activities in Broome County. The Food Bank of the Southern Tier and CHOW work in partnership to leverage national, regional, and local resources to end hunger in our community. The canned food used in each structure will be distributed through CHOW to emergency food programs throughout Broome County including food pantries, soup kitchens, and other community meal programs. The funds raised will support both agencies’ hunger-relief efforts including the Food Bank’s BackPack Program™. Winners of Canstruction® of the Southern Tier will be nominated for the chance to compete on a national level.
It starts with ONE can. To feed the hungry. To lift the spirit. To change the world.
Who: Architects, Engineers and Designers
What: Design and build structures made entirely out of canned goods
When: April 3-10, 2016
Where: Oakdale Mall, Johnson City, New York
Why: To benefit the Food Bank of the Southern Tier and CHOW
How: To enter, click on the "Call For Entries Form" link below, complete and mail to the address listed on the form. Entry fee $100 per team (non-refundable).
Canstruction 2016 teams and structures:
1. BCK-IBI Group – "Stop Hunger INSIDE by Helping OUT"
2. BAE Systems - "Gronk the Dinosaur"
3. Chobani - "Feeding America Naturally"
4. IBM – "CAN You THINK Outside The Box? Help Solve Community Hunger."
5. Keystone – "Home of the Square Meal"
6. Lockheed Martin/BTBOCES New Visions - "The Little Engine that CAN"
7. Modern Marketing Concepts – "The Great Pyramid of Eaters"
8. Chenango Valley CSD/Oakdale Mall – "Check-Mate Hunger"
9. Rockwell Collins - "Clifford the Big Red Dog"
10. STYP/Tioga State Bank – "Binghamton Mets NYSEG Stadium"
11. Visions Federal Credit Union/BT BOCES CTE/Skills USA – "House of Hunger"
For more information contact:
Ashley Learn, Community Engagement Coordinator
at 607.796.6061 x4033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Canstruction® is organized under the auspices of The Society for Design Administration (SDA).