CANSTRUCTION OF THE SOUTHERN TIER 2014 - Broome County
Canstruction of the Southern Tier 2014 - Broome County
presented by Visions Federal Credit Union
Voting is Closed and the People's Choice Award Goes To:
Rockwell Collins - "Tuna Moon and Back"
Congratulations to all the teams for an amazing inaugural event!
The Broome Leadership Institute (BLI) Alumni Association Board recently concluded its first annual Canstruction® of the Southern Tier, presented by Visions Federal Credit Union. 21,349 pounds of food and $15,350 in event sponsorships were collected as a result of this incredible event!
This year’s event took place at the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City from March 23-30, 2014. Click here for more information, or click on the slideshow below to view the amazing structures.
Click here or on the slideshow below to view photos of the structures.
Canstruction judges have cast their votes and the winners in each category are below:
1. BCK-IBI Group - "Sharing a Picnic" Winner, Best Meal Award
2. Broome-Tioga BOCES - CTE Leadership/SkillsUSA - "Warming Your Hearts for Hunger"
Winner, Structural Ingenuity Award
3. Broome-Tioga BOCES - New Visions Engineering Academy - "Twisting Out Hunger"
4. Delta Engineers - "Checkmate on Hunger"
5. IBM, Endicott - "Smarter Food for a Smarter Planet"
6. Keystone Associates Architects, Engineers & Surveyors, LLC - "Spiedie Fest Balloons"
Winner, Honorable Mention Award
7. Lockheed Martin - "Aligning the Stars Against Hunger" Winner, Best Use of Labels Award
8. Rockwell Collins - "Tuna Moon and Back" Winner, Juror's Favorite Award & People's Choice Award
9. United Health Services - "MyPlate"
10. Visions Federal Credit Union - "Packed with a Vision"
Click here to return to the Canstruction of the Southern Tier 2014 information page.
For more information contact:
Gina Santodonato, Director of Marketing & Communications
at 607.796.6061 x4033 or email
Canstruction® is organized under the auspices of The Society for Design Administration (SDA)