Use the buttons below to find food resources near you.
You can also call or text 2-1-1 for food referrals and for other forms of assistance.
Printable List of Emergency Food Resources
- Binghamton City
- Rest of Broome County
- Chemung County
- Schuyler County
- Steuben County
- Tioga County
- Tompkins County
You may be eligible for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). You can apply for SNAP online by CLICKING HERE
If you have any issues applying for SNAP, each county has a SNAP Outreach Worker (NOEP) who can assist.
- Chemung County: Mary Laurey, SNAP Outreach Coordinator 607.796.5592 x4014 or email
- Broome County: Sarah McChesney, SNAP Outreach Coordinator 607.723.8313 x827 or email
- Schuyler County: Maggie Zegilla, SNAP Outreach Coordinator 607.873.4831 or email
- Steuben County: Hailee Hillman, 607.329.9359 or email
- Tioga County: Tiffany Beaver, SNAP Outreach Coordinator 607.689.2767 or email
- Tompkins County: Amber Podelec, SNAP Outreach Coordinator 607.272.5062 x21 or email
You can sign your school-aged child up for the BackPack program. Click here to find your school’s contact.
Kitchen Stork Program
If you are pregnant and live in Chemung County, you may be eligible for a weekly delivery of groceries and prepared meals. Learn more here.
Visit Hunger Solutions NY for information on federal nutrition programs such as SNAP or WIC.
Help Beyond Food
Call 2-1-1 to find a food pantry or one of our programs near you.
2-1-1 is a free and confidential service that helps people across North America find the local resources they need.
They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
Chemung, Steuben, Schuyler, call: 2-1-1 (or 1-800-346-2211) or visit www.211helpline.org
Tompkins: call 2-1-1 (or 1-877-211-8667) or visit www.211tompkins.org
Broome and Tioga: call 2-1-1 (or 1-800-901-2180) or visit http://www.helpme211.org/