Catholic Charities employees Sister Rosaria Hughes and Father Neil Miller establish the Food Bank of the Southern Tier. The Food Bank begins with a borrowed truck and operates from a small warehouse on Grand Central Avenue. Food is distributed and stored free of charge to all food pantries. The first Director of the Food Bank is Walter Kronicz and the first driver for the Food Bank is Bernie Stansfield.
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier’s statement upon release of the updated HEROES Act October 8, 2020
- SNAP for College Students October 8, 2020
- A message from the President & CEO October 6, 2020
- A Legacy of Advocacy October 5, 2020
- Re-opening Mobile Food Pantries Across the Southern Tier September 21, 2020