The Food Bank endures its first financial crisis and nearly closed its doors. Marketing and fund raising efforts intensify with newspaper ads, brochure distribution, car raffles and a direct mail campaign. The Food Bank raises $27,000. The Chemung County Legislature increases support to $17,000. The closing of the Food Bank is averted. The Advisory Committee restructured its operations, communications and fund raising committees. Irene Johnson is appointed as the Food Bank’s executive director.
- Impact of the COVID-19 Bill for Southern Tier Families Experiencing Food Insecurity January 6, 2021
- Celebrating the 2020 VIVAs December 29, 2020
- Tips for remaining healthy during the holidays December 7, 2020
- Giving the gift of time November 24, 2020
- You’re Nourishing New York Families & Supporting Farmers November 11, 2020