The Food Bank endures its first financial crisis and nearly closed its doors. Marketing and fund raising efforts intensify with newspaper ads, brochure distribution, car raffles and a direct mail campaign. The Food Bank raises $27,000. The Chemung County Legislature increases support to $17,000. The closing of the Food Bank is averted. The Advisory Committee restructured its operations, communications and fund raising committees. Irene Johnson is appointed as the Food Bank’s executive director.
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier’s statement upon release of the updated HEROES Act October 8, 2020
- SNAP for College Students October 8, 2020
- A message from the President & CEO October 6, 2020
- A Legacy of Advocacy October 5, 2020
- Re-opening Mobile Food Pantries Across the Southern Tier September 21, 2020