The Food Bank enters into a contract with NYS Office of General Services to distribute TEFAP (USDA Commodities). The Food Bank is awarded a contract with NYS Department of Health under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) which later became known as the Hunger Prevention Nutrition Assistance Program (HPNAP). Both programs led to a significant increase in budget, staff and food. The Food Bank’s annual budget is $100,000 and food distribution is one million pounds.
- Impact of the COVID-19 Bill for Southern Tier Families Experiencing Food Insecurity January 6, 2021
- Celebrating the 2020 VIVAs December 29, 2020
- Tips for remaining healthy during the holidays December 7, 2020
- Giving the gift of time November 24, 2020
- You’re Nourishing New York Families & Supporting Farmers November 11, 2020