Hunters Can Help End Hunger in the Southern Tier
Through the New York State Venison Donation Program, you can join thousands of New York State hunters and make a commitment to donate your deer to our neighbors in need.
Along with the Food Bank Association of NYS and the Venison Donation Coalition, you can help! If one out of every 100 deer is donated, the program could easily reach 100,000 pounds of venison each year.
Legally tagged and properly field-dressed deer can be taken to participating processors at no cost to the hunter. The venison is then processed and packaged according to the law and picked up by the Food Bank of the Southern Tier for distribution to neighbors in need through our network of partner agencies, such as soup kitchens and food pantries.
Since 1999, nearly 1,000 tons of highly nutritious venison have been donated and distributed in New York State through the Venison Donation Coalition. This translates to over 4 million meals!
Donors MUST call ahead for FREE processing of any deer they wish to donate.
Participating Deer Processors
Broome County Processors
- John’s Custom Deer Cutting Binghamton, NY 13901 (607) 648-6577
- Terry Shaff Harpursville, NY 13787 (607) 693-2078
Chemung County Processors
- Baranyk’s Deer Cutting Fassett, PA 16925 (570) 596-3750
- Capricorn Hill Meats Pine City, NY 14871 (607) 215-6617 By Appointment Only
- Schuyler County Processors Cooley’s Butcher Bay Alpine, NY 14805 (607) 594-3479 By Appointment Only
- Ron S. Shutter Alpine, NY 14805 (607) 594-2547 By Appointment Only
Steuben County Processors
- Bath Packing Bath, NY 14810 (607) 776-6221 Boned Venison Only
- Bradford Custom Meats Bradford, NY 14815 (607) 259-1237 Donation Deer ONLY
- Caton Butcher Shop Corning, NY 14830 (607) 524-6988
- Painter’s Meat Processing Elkland, PA 16920 (814) 258-7283
- Kanona Custom Meats Kanona, NY 14856 (607) 776-3951
- Switzer’s Processing Avoca, NY 14809 (607) 382-8923
- Tioga County Processors Reed Brook Farm Waverly, NY 14892 (607) 565-9630
- Sweeney’s Market Apalachin, NY 13732 (607) 625-3341
For more information contact:
Caroline Tolbert, Food Sourcing Manager