Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s time to conjure up some spine-tingling delights for your spooky soirée. If you’re looking for a devilishly good appetizer that will send shivers down your guests’ spines, then look no further than Spooky Spider Deviled Eggs. These creepy, crawly delights are not only easy to make but also devilishly delicious. With their eerie spider-like appearance, they’ll be the star of your Halloween spread.
To create your Spooky Spider Deviled Eggs, you will need:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Whole black olives
- Prepare the Hard-Boiled Eggs: Start by hard-boiling your eggs. Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the eggs for about 9-12 minutes, then immediately transfer them to a bowl of ice water to cool. Once cooled, peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the Yolks: Carefully remove the yolks from the egg halves and place them in a separate bowl. You can do this by gently scooping out the yolks with a spoon. Set the egg whites aside.
- Prepare the Filling: In the bowl with the egg yolks, add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until you have a smooth and creamy filling. You can adjust the mayonnaise and mustard to your preferred taste.
- Fill the Egg Whites: Using a small spoon or a piping bag, fill the hollowed-out egg whites with the creamy yolk mixture. Make sure to fill them evenly to create a nice mound.
- Create the Spooky Spiders: Now comes the fun part! To make the spiders, slice the whole black olives into small, round pieces for the bodies. Place one olive slice in the center of each deviled egg half as the spider’s body.For the spider legs, slice the remaining black olives into thin strips. You’ll need eight strips for each spider. Carefully arrange four olive strips on each side of the body to create the spider’s legs, making sure they stick into the filling slightly.
- Display and Serve: Arrange your Spooky Spider Deviled Eggs on a platter, and watch as your guests marvel at these creepy, yet irresistibly delicious treats. They’re sure to be a hit at your Halloween party!
Spooky Spider Deviled Eggs are the perfect Halloween appetizer to get everyone in the spirit of the season. With their eerie appearance and scrumptious taste, they’re a spooky snack that will have your guests crawling back for more. Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or just looking for a fun and spooky snack to enjoy with your family, these deviled eggs are a spooktacular choice that will make your celebration unforgettable. So, whip up a batch of Spooky Spider Deviled Eggs and get ready to spook your taste buds this Halloween!
If you or someone you know need assistance in finding food, you can find resources on our FIND FOOD page.
If you are interested in helping fight hunger in the Southern Tier you can find ways to help on our Ways to Give page.