The Food Bank of the Southern Tier is proud to provide you the
resources you need to support your great work.
If you cannot view the files below, click here to get Adobe Reader
You can install the reader on your computer free of charge and then you can download the files.
Have a question or concern? Contact your Programs & Partnerships Coordinator today!
PantryTrak for Partner Agencies
View our PantryTrak tutorial!
Mobile Food Pantry Program Resources
- Mobile Food Pantry Agreement
- Mobile Food Pantry Operations Manual
- Mobile Food Pantry Fillable Flyer
- Mobile Food Pantry Ground Rules
- 2020 Community Food Distribution Evaluation
Senior Mobile Food Pantry Program Resources
- Senior Mobile Food Pantry Drop & Go Program Agreement
- Senior Mobile Food Pantry Pre-Registration Process – PantryTrak
Operations Support – Capital Equipment Second Half Documentation
for November 2018-April 2019
All documentation must be submitted by November 11, 2019.
- Documentation for Utilities
- Documentation for Disposables
- Documentation for Staff
- Documentation for Space
Operations Support – Capital Equipment HPNAP Extension
More information about our Health Pantry Initiative will be available soon.
BackPack Program Resources
Here are some downloadable resources for our BackPack coordinators.
- BackPack Program Manual
- BackPack Program Agreement
- BackPack Program Snack Addendum
- BackPack Program Produce Addendum
- BackPack Referral Form for School Staff
- BackPack Parent Letter and Enrollment Form
- How to enter monthly BackPack statistics
- BackPack Program 2018-2019 Survey and Needs Assessment Final Report
Nutrition and Food Safety Resources
Member agencies are responsible for providing safe and nutritious food to people in need. Check out the resources below for important food safety issues. Do you have rusty cans? Foods that are past the date?
Safe Food Handling Practices for Food Pantry and Meal Program Workers (2020 Edition with COVID-19 Updates)
Click here to learn when to keep food and when to throw away food.
Confused by “Best by”, “Sell by” and “Pull by” dates on food? Understanding Container Dates
Your essential guide to storing food the right way. Ten Food Storage Guidelines
Does your agency cook meals? Food Safety in the Kitchen
Food safety training for food pantries
Click here if you would like a handwashing poster to hang by your sink.
The Food Bank issues information on federal and state level food recalls through its agency list serv and this website. Please check back often for food recall updates.
Client Choice Materials
The Food Bank of the Southern Tier is proud to present our Client Choice handbook and video. Client choice pantries allow clients to choose the foods they receive as opposed to the pre-packed method where each client receives a standard bag of food packed by volunteers in advance, regardless of client preferences or dietary restrictions. Client Choice not only respects the dignity of clients, it also prevents food waste, saves money and helps build positive connections between clients and volunteers.
Mandatory TEFAP Civil Rights Training
TEFAP mandates that all staff/volunteers that have direct contact with Quest and/or handle confidential information are required to receive training on an annual basis.
Simply print out the TEFAP Civil Rights Training slides and present to your staff/volunteers and have them sign the training log sheet once training has been completed. The training log sheet must be kept on site for 3 years and will be confirmed during bi-annual site visits that the training is being completed annually.
Also as a requirement, any TEFAP product that needs to be disposed of for any reason, needs to be reported on the TEFAP Loss Report, this too needs to be kept on site for 3 years and will be confirmed during Bi-Annual Site Visits.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Amanda Palme, Programs & Partnerships Administrative Manager, at 607-796-6061 x4052.
Who to Contact – Partner Agency Resources
- Partners in Broome and Tompkins – Kathleen Pasetty, Programs & Partnerships Coordinator
- Partners in Chemung and Tompkins – Devin McLaughlin, Programs & Partnerships Coordinator
- Partners in Steuben and Schuyler – Sarah Keenan, Programs & Partnerships Coordinator
- Grants –Amanda Palme, Programs & Partnerships Administration Manager